I’ve been futzing around with things – themes, mobile themes, RSS feeds, etc., trying to get this all right. Turns out, Blogger makes all this stuff super-easy; WordPress? Not so much, at least not in the self-hosted version. But you don’t care about this
The main point is: PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF SOMETHING’S NOT WORKING AS IT SHOULD. I’m trying hard to get this site working well, and I have the sense it’s still a bit buggy, but I need your help to de-bug it.
Why does it feel buggy?
Does it feel buggy to you? How? Where?
Or were you asking me why I have the sense it’s buggy? I’ll answer that – I have that sense because, well, because when I visit the web site from my phone, sometimes it’s in the mobile format, sometimes not. I’ve gotten the mobile format on my computer screen, I’ve gotten notes from a few people saying their RSS feed wasn’t working.
Yeah. It does give me the mobile format sometimes on my CPU.I guess I don’t notice things like that since I’m hopeless with the internet. I’m surprised I can even comment 😉
You should also have a photo of yourself on here. I read somewhere that most successful blogs have photos of the blogger on the upper right hand corner. More of a tip than an ” issue”.
Yeah. Not gonna happen…. 😉
Maybe some obscure eyes shot….
That’s what I meant.
Yes, post your address and phone number.
An obscure shot of anything will suffice 😉
The only thing that I’ve noticed is that the comments on the posts which you’ve imported are a bit messed up; the punctuation commands didn’t transfer properly, so there are a lot of ampersands and such.
You mean “& such.”
Yeah, I don’t know that there’s anything to be done about that. My apologies.
And thanks for commenting/paying attention.
Yes, of course “&such”! How remiss of me. 🙂
I can’t get some of the pictures some times I think you should just make a place for pictures.
I’ll think about that. If you tell me which pictures (or which posts) you’re having trouble with, I’ll look into it.
I suspect they’re old posts, that came from when I was posting on Blogspot. The import to my own host was a bit buggy….
You are right they were from old posts thanks for considering.
Sure. If you tell me which old posts, that would help me to fix them….
OK the Star fucker one and Miami and Coffee shop and a couple others of which I can’t find right now thank you.
Thanks. I’ll fix.
Weird – they all seem to work for me.
Ok – I have an issue. I don’t know if this is maybe something that you’ve already addressed and can’t be fixed or changed or what but here goes. I am attempting, against your recommendation that I read somewhere (which I laughed at), to read your blog from the beginning – partly cause I like the linear-ish action – and partly cause I really find your blog interesting. But it’s kind of a pain in the ass to do.
1. The drop down menu for the month I’m on (it’s March – but you probably already know that) closes back up when I get to the page I clicked the link for (on other blogs it stays down so you can kinda keep track of where you are).
2. The links that I have already clicked on do not change color after they’ve been clicked on – which helps to keep track as well – esp when I come back a day or so later and cannot remember if I already read “she came for me once” or “she came for me again” or “she came for me a third time” etc.
3. I noticed at some point that there are links at the bottom of each post that allow you to go forward to a new post or backward to an old post – but realized after reading quite a few of them that the “next post” link is not always a sequential link. It’s kinda random sometimes – and I cannot fathom why that would be. On any other blog I’ve been on the link that takes you forward always goes to the next post in time.
I am willing to go through the pain of clicking on the month, scrolling down, and then finding the next post after the one I just read every single time I want to read the next post. It’s a little annoying but I can do it. But if there is anything you can do to fix it that would be great.
Oh that and the notify me by email comments thing – although who knows what the deal is with that.
Ok – item by item.
1) Yes, I know. It sucks. This drop-down menu is the best I can find, and I hate it. If anyone has a better suggestion for a drop-down archive widget for WordPress, PLEASE let me know.
2) I think that’s about your browser, not my web site.
3) My experience is that it works pretty reliably since late March, when I migrated over to WordPress, but that prior to March, yes, it’s effectively random. My suggestion is that, to the extent you want to read posts from before I switched over, you do so at http://mydissolutelife.blogspot.com. Blogger has a more simple interface. In exchange for which, the blogger has far less flexibility. And Google owns everything, instead of me.
The e-mail comments notification I haven’t had a problem with in recent weeks. I’m looking into it – can you tell me what the problem you’re having is? (Because I haven’t been able to replicate any problem.)